The Producer Portal is for you to submit proposals to iSTANDtv.
All proposals must be submitted via the E-Submissions process; we will not accept proposals mailed to our offices. Proposals will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. If we have initial interest in your project, we will contact you for more information. If we decide to pass on your submission, you will receive notification via email. Please allow at least eight weeks for a response.
Please follow these guidelines when submitting an idea to us:
- Please do not put your title in "quotes."
- Your Full Project Description should provide us with your idea as well as how you intend to approach the subject (style).
- Please indicate the number of episodes you intend to produce, as well as the length of each episode.
- Your estimated budget should be a per episode estimate. Detailed budgets will be requested, if needed.
- You must indicate whether you are requesting a commission, a co-production, or another type of deal. Please further address any deal issues in the comments section. If you are requesting a co-production, please indicate your partners in the comments section.
- Please provide us with a rough production timeline for completion of the project. Do not include specific dates; rather, we would prefer to see how many weeks you would expect to spend on each stage of the project.
- Address any additional issues in the comments section.
- If you have not worked with iSTANDtv before, please send us links to 3 to 5 short-form and/or long-form documentary projects you've produced - not a demo reel.
The Producer's Portal is for established television producers and production companies. If you are a viewer with an idea for a program, please contact [email protected].
Neither iSTAND Media nor any of subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their directors, officers or employees bear any liability to any producers or any other third parties based on the information (or lack of information) provided in this system. All obligations of iSTAND Media, LLC ("iSTAND") to producers or any other persons doing business with iSTAND are covered solely by definitive executed agreements to which iSTAND is a party. Prior to the execution of such agreement, iSTAND shall have no financial or other obligations with respect to any deal terms discussed and/or agreed to in principle. For clarification, any costs/expenses or other activities are incurred at your own cost and risk until full execution of the relevant agreement.
The following shall constitute an agreement and release (the “Release”) by You (“Submitter”) with regard to a program proposal and/or video link submitted to iSTAND Media LLC (“iSTAND”). The submission, including without limitation all documents, ideas, correspondence, media, recordings, works, and any other materials provided with the submission, if any, are collectively the “Materials.” Submitter understands and agrees that the execution of this Release is a prerequisite to iSTAND review of the Materials submitted. All references herein to iSTAND shall include any parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities as well as iSTAND’s directors, officers, agents, employees, consultants, contractors, lessees, licensees, successors and assigns. Submitter provides this release on behalf of itself and all other persons or entities that may claim an interest in the Materials (Submitter and all such other persons or entities are collectively the “Submission Owners”).
For good and valuable consideration the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, Submitter hereby agrees, represents, warrants and covenants as follows:
1. Submitter acknowledges that submission of the Materials, and previous or subsequent discussions between Submitter and ISTAND about the Materials, does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between ISTAND, on the one hand, and Submitter or the Submission Owners, on the other hand. Submitter understands and agrees that ISTAND does not undertake to consider the Materials in confidence. Submitter acknowledges that ISTAND must disclose the Materials to various employees, and possibly even to individuals or entities outside ISTAND’s employ or control, to determine the Materials’ value.
2. Submitter acknowledges and agrees, on behalf of itself and the Submission Owners, that ISTAND has made no claims, representations, warranties, promises or guarantees with respect to the submitted Materials except with respect to ownership as set forth in Section 4 herein, and has provided no assurances about the process utilized by ISTAND with respect to selection of submissions for inclusion in its program services or other distribution. Any submission to ISTAND is made with the understanding that ISTAND shall give the Materials such consideration as it merits in ISTAND’s sole and final judgment, and ISTAND is under no obligation whatsoever to use the Materials. ISTAND is under no obligation to release to Submitter or the Submission Owners any details of ISTAND’s actions in connection with the Materials or any information regarding ISTAND’s activities in the field to which the Materials pertain. In the event ISTAND does provide any comments or feedback, Submitter and the Submission Owners shall take, share and rely on such comments or feedback at their own risk and expense. Submitter and the Submission Owners waive any and all claims they may have against ISTAND for reimbursement of costs, expenses, liabilities or damages arising from acts or omissions taken in reliance on the submission or ISTAND’s comments or feedback, whether such claims may be based on theories of contract, implied contract, tort, statute or other legal theories. Submitter acknowledges that ISTAND’s receipt and consideration of the Materials does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by ISTAND of the content of the Materials or any opinion expressed therein. Submitter acknowledges that neither submission of the Materials nor any contact from or discussion with ISTAND conveys any right to Submitter or the Submission Owners to use ISTAND’s name, logo or other trademarks for any reason or in any manner.
3. Submitter acknowledges that ISTAND receives thousands of submissions and often receives similar or identical material or ideas from independent sources. Consideration of the Materials is not an admission by ISTAND of the novelty, propriety or originality of the Materials. ISTAND shall not be obligated to further consider Submitter’s Materials or to negotiate with or enter into an agreement with Submitter pertaining to the Materials. Submitter acknowledges that ISTAND has no obligation to accept, reject or otherwise act or cease to act on material that ISTAND receives from independent sources, whether or not such sources or materials are related to Submitter or Submitter’s Materials. Furthermore, Submitter shall not hold ISTAND liable for third-party submissions containing material similar or identical to the Materials.
4. Without limiting any provision of Section 3 herein, the parties acknowledge that Submitter or the Submission Owners may jointly or severally claim an ownership interest in all or parts of the Materials pursuant to applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property law, and no ownership interest is assigned or transferred by or between the parties hereto by virtue of this Release or by submitting the Materials to ISTAND. Submitter grants ISTAND the right to possess, view, copy and share the Materials for the purpose of determining whether or not to act on the submission.
5. Submitter hereby represents and warrants that:
a) Submitter is either: (i) the sole originator and owner of the Materials, and that no other persons, or entities have any right, title or interest therein or thereto; or (ii) the sole and exclusive authorized representative of the Submission Owners, and no other persons or entities other than those represented by Submitter have any right, title or interest therein or thereto.
b) Submission of the Materials and ISTAND’s review and use thereof shall not: (i) violate any personal or property rights of any third party, including without limitation rights of droit moral, privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights; or (ii) constitute defamation, libel or slander against any third party.
c) ISTAND’s shall not owe Submitter, the Submission Owners or any third party any payment or other compensation for receipt and consideration of the Materials.
d) The Materials are not subject to any current, anticipated or threatened litigation, arbitration or other dispute or adversarial claims or proceedings.
e) Submitter has the full right and authorization to submit the Materials to ISTAND upon all of the terms and conditions herein stated.
f) No persons or entities, other than those represented by the parties signing below or executing a separate but contemporaneous Release with respect to the Materials, have collaborated with Submitter in creating the Materials, nor do any persons or entities other than those represented by the parties signing below have any rights in such Materials inconsistent with Submitter’s agreement hereunder.
g) The Materials are being submitted to ISTAND voluntarily and without promise or inducement.
h) Submission of the Materials neither imposes nor creates any obligation on the part of ISTAND to accept the Materials for distribution or exhibition through any medium or platform or to acknowledge the submission of the Materials.
i) Submitter has fully read and understands and agrees to this Release.
6. Submitter hereby releases, acquits and forever discharges ISTAND of and from any and all claims, debts, dues, accounts, demands, actions, causes of action, suits, controversies, proceedings, covenants, contacts, agreements, costs, expenses, liabilities, obligations and compensation of any kind whatsoever, in law or in equity, whether known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, accrued or hereafter to accrue, under any theory of law, which Submitter or the Submission Owners have or may have against ISTAND arising from ISTAND’s (or ISTAND’s lack of) receipt, possession, use and/or disposal of the Materials now or in the future. Without limiting any other provisions herein, Submitter acknowledges and agrees that, in the event any claims are asserted, or any action or other proceeding are brought or commenced by Submitter or the Submission Owners against ISTAND for any violation of the terms set forth herein, the sole remedy that could be awarded to Submitter or the Submission Owners shall be an injunction or other remedy at equity to prevent ISTAND from further using the Materials. In no event shall Submitter or the Submission Owners seek monetary damages for any breach of these Release terms.
7. Submitter and the Submission Owners agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ISTAND from and against any claim, loss, obligation, liability or expense including reasonable attorney’s fees that may be asserted against or incurred by ISTAND in connection with the Materials submitted hereunder, any use of such Materials by ISTAND or any breach of any representation, covenant or warranty made by Submitter or the Submission Owners hereunder. This indemnity includes without limitation any claims that the Materials violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal property right of any person or entity, or that the contents of the Materials constitute or include defamation of any person or entity.
8. This Release constitutes the entire understanding of Submitter and ISTAND as of the date hereof. No other agreement, written or oral, expressed or implied, exists between Submitter and ISTAND with respect to the Materials. Any modification or waiver hereunder or termination hereof must be in writing and signed by both Submitter and ISTAND. The invalidity of any provision hereof shall not affect the remaining provisions. The representations, warranties and indemnities herein shall survive the termination, execution, completion or expiration of this Release.
9. Submitter has retained a copy of the Materials and agrees that ISTAND shall not have any obligation to return the submitted copy of the Materials to Submitter and that ISTAND shall be under no obligation for any loss or damage to the submitted copy.
10. The laws of the State of New York govern all matters arising out of or relating to this Release without giving effect to conflicts of law principles thereof. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the State of New York for resolving any dispute arising out of or relating to this Release.